Friday, January 23, 2015

The Lives We Live

Photo source: http://westwoodgrove.org/tag/authentic-self/
Some days it seems that life is just a really long run on sentence rolling over and over, on and on, without any real direction  or purpose. Especially in the gray of winter it is so hard to remember how wonderful summer was when the air was so clean and clear and filled with truth.  Yet there is that more than memory that keeps the fires inside burning.

Today is a typically rainy cloud covered day in the Pacific Northwest. It has a strength all its own that can't be denied. I am doing what I do every chance I get and spending the day in the nearest local coffee shop working on all the many things that will make my life easier in the long run. Making logos and slogans for The Emuna Endeavor and thinking about life in general with the to-do list seeming to be never ending.  

I guess a lot of the time we are caught up in the trivial minutia of the day to day. So many people rarely stop and think of all the good things in any given moment.  I was thinking this thought about the life that I am living right now.  So I decided to give my life a little PDA/PSA and stop to publicly acknowledge the goodness I experience.

Photo source: http://olivesandalcohol.com/page/2/
Who am I? What is my life?
I am this odd little person born in Oregon and raised in Arizona now living in Oregon that was invited on the adventure of my lifetime. I spend my days like a lot of people being occupied with school or work (on some days both). I have dedicated myself to being and doing the most that I possibly can and that in and of itself is such an important start. Granted, some days that "most I possibly can" is a bit less than others.  For a moment earlier I was focused on that less.

This post is where I check myself.  I have a wonderful cool life that even though it can feel mundane and small, in the overall I am living an eccentric dream that some would love to be in my place.  There are rainy days and I am working on fixing the leaks as I go (figuratively and literally).  I know that by the end of the process I will be fully ready to take on the challenges of the journey.

So here's to finding your light in the gray and the darkness. I hope that you will take the time to acknowledge the power you do have even though it may seem small. 

No comments:

Post a Comment