Friday, April 8, 2011

new form every day... Blues Sonnet (day 10 of 365 in 365)

2011-01-10 23:08

.


LOST LOVE BLUES

from the depths of my soul
feel I'm losing control
cause I'm broken inside and can't nothing make me whole

see I'm falling apart
cause it's breaking my heart
tried my hand at love but it ends before it starts

When you let someone in
and then it begins
they seem to take over and get under your skin

now it's feeling all wrong
like all hope is gone
all broke down and lonely singing this sad song

crying from your lungs
bout how bad you been done
and how you thought for sure you were the only one

(this is how you know you got the true blue blue blue blues)



****************************************************

From: http://www.thepoetsgarret.com/list.html

Blues Sonnet

The Blues Sonnet is derived from the Afro-American, melancholia music or lamentation. It is a triplet form (Three rhyming lines) with lines 1 and 2 rhyme repeating and line 3 bringing the stanza to a climax in a manner similar to the Haiku. Purists state the meter should be Iambic Pentameter, (IP), but others argue that IP is an English poetry form and Afro-Americans had no concept of it and it should be left to the poet to "do yo thang".
The Rhyme scheme is thus:
A. A. a. … B. B. b. … C. C. c. … D. D. d. … e. e. .


FOR THE RECORD I DISAGREE WITH THE ABOVE RHYME AND RHYTHM SCHEME DESCRIPTION.
I prefer the classic rhyming every other line and then the chorus stanza being the climax. I'll have to see if there are any other articles online about this but until then I wrote the above and also a rendition of what I feel is a more classic feeling bit of blues fit for song below...

woke up this morning
got out of bed
saw my woman had left me
now i'm feeling damn near dead

cause I got the blues
them low down dirty rotten blues

if can't nothing save ya
from your own bad behavior
then you get the blues
them low down dirty rotten blues

*insert 2 minute twangy blues guitar solo here*



.

No comments:

Post a Comment