Monday, April 11, 2011

new form every day... Decastich (day 26 of 365 in 365)

2011-01-26 13:48

.


A PRIOR LOVER

he lives in the shadow just to the left of my right eye
a particularly persistent ghost of days past
that fleeting moment barely worth the carnage
barely, but... definitely not regrettable
there were too many pieces of joy in that heartbreak
so often that I smiled and called him friend
every second our hands touched was bliss
he became my favorite drug of choice
the one that I ran to in spite of myself
withdrawal has certainly been hell


***************************************************************

From: http://www.thepoetsgarret.com/list.html

Decastich

According to Lewis Turco's "Book of Forms", the Decastich is any whole poem of 10 lines. There is no reference to meter or rhyme pattern and I would have thought because of its flexibility it would have encouraged experimentation of ideas. During further research into this form it was found that there was a plethora of variations to 10 line form. If Turco is to be taken literally this then means that the Decastich is 10 lines of free verse (Verse libre).



.

No comments:

Post a Comment