Friday, April 8, 2011

poem: the truth about desire

2011-01-13 11:02:00

.


honestly
I know exactly what I want
who I want
how I want him
this respect,
admiration,
attraction
is just the beginning
of the journey
the learning
that I hope for
dream of
want

truthfully
he pleases my eye and feeds my mind
not just fine, but savvy and a gentleman to the utmost
nobody’s perfect but the good is all I see right now
all the finer points of personality displayed
I see in the distance this chocolate star
intensity of intellect is my motivation
following this stellar compass
to a destination I hope for
putting a face to my visions

really
this is it
tall
handsome
intelligent
spiritual
kind
helpful
TCB
the qualities
that move me
are many
too many
to list

frankly
I know that this is mostly fantasy
something to shoot for
and what I long for
a pleasant hallucination
just a fixation to have a direction
a gold standard by which to measure
any future encounters




*******************************************************

so... thinking about one friend back east got me thinking of another friend back east... and this poem was the result.

(this one doesn't have a rhythm inspired by a song but the sentiment was somewhat inspired by listening to Jill Scott's The Way)



.

No comments:

Post a Comment